REGISTRATION PROCEDURE/TUITION AND REFUND POLICY
- Register using the registration form located on this web site
- Register by using a printed form available at the SkillTech office any weekday between 7:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
- Some classes have a limited enrollment and the most popular courses fill up fast, so avoid disappointment and register early.
- All classes shall be on ‘FIRST-PAID, FIRST ACCEPTED” basis. Upon receipt of the completed registration form and appropriate tuition which is due at time of registration or at least two weeks before class begins (sooner if a class reaches capacity), enrollment is considered complete. Once a student has signed up for a class, a $25.00 registration fee will be charged to change a class to another date/semester. There must be a minimum number of students enrolled in order for the class to run. Those classes having fewer enrollees may be postponed or cancelled. If a class is cancelled, students will be notified and tuition returned. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS ONCE THE CLASS BEGINS.
- Any class cancellations/reschedulings are at the discretion of the SkillTech coordinator subject to the convenience of class members and instructors.
- In the event school is closed due to bad weather or other circumstance, local radio stations will announce the closing and an announcement will be posted on this website. Cancelled classes will be made up at a convenient time. Please note that if Center for Technology, Essex is closed in the morning, SkillTech may still be in session.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the classroom areas.
- Firearms, tobacco use and possession, use and/or distribution of alcohol or other drugs are not permitted in the buildings or on the school grounds.
- A SkillTech certificate is awarded for academic excellence, skill performance and acceptable attendance upon completion of the course. If you are employed by a manufacturing firm and have received a tuition discount, you must complete the class in order to receive said discount. Failure to complete the course will result in you reimbursing SkillTech for the tuition credit you received.
- SkillTech is not responsible for any typographical errors, and cannot be held to honor the price displayed for a class in which a typo or error in calculation occurred on the said price.
- SkillTech reserves the right to change the dates, times or prices of classes due to instructor availability.
Income eligible students may receive tuition assistance through:
- Vermont Student Assistance Corporation’s Non-Degree Grant Program. For more information, contact VSAC at 802-655-9602.
- Department of Labor Workforce Investment Act (WIA). For more information, contact Dick Thayer at 802-652-0314.
- Vermont Training Program, Vermont Economic Development. For more information contact Robin Lane at 802-233-2319.